JOB OPENING for Diesel / Gas Engine TECHNICIAN
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To safely and efficiently diagnose, rebuild and repair equipment in order to meet the needs of our customers.
- Experience repairing diesel / gas engines, automotive vehicles, forklifts, material handling equipment, and/or light industrial equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of repairing diesel, gasoline, and liquid propane fuel systems
- Demonstrated ability to interpret service manuals, parts manuals, technical drawings, schematics, and diagrams
- Experience with or ability to learn repairs on equipment using on-board computers, hand-held analyzers, laptops
- Interest in repairing/troubleshooting hydraulic systems and mechanical relay systems (mast, boom)
- Ability to perform repairs at customer site with little or no direct supervision
- Tool acquisition programs available to assist you
- Provide and maintain an acceptable driving record
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without accommodation:
- Lifting parts and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Lifting and moving up to 250 lbs. with use of material handling equipment
- Must meet vision requirements
- Good hearing in both ears
- Ability to use hand and wrist in a twisting motion frequently
- Ability to complete a work week without excessive physical or mental fatigue
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with high level of accuracy on written documents
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional appearance and manner
All Norlift of Oregon, Inc. employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen. This position also requires successful results from a pre-placement physical.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
NORLIFT OF OREGON, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.