JOB OPENING for IT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT manager will ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department is in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. They will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activies of the IT department. They will work closely with the Business Analyst and Controller to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Monitor, maintain, develop, and manage the upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and office automation equipment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Provide department and employee technical support
- Work with Business Analyst to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment
Required SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Windows Server technology
- Remote Apple device management
- Wi-Fi management and optimization
- TCP/ IP networking and security/ VPN
- Microsoft SQL
- Task automation/ programming
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Positive attitude
- Short-term and long-term planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem Solving
- Works well alone and as member of a team
- Programming experience
- Self-directed and conscientious
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in technical field
- Preferred five years of relevant experience
Additional Position Factors:
- Position is full-time, regular, exempt
- Position reports to the Business Analyst and Controller
All Norlift of Oregon employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
Norlift of Oregon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.