JOB OPENING for Tractor-Trailer OPERATOR / Driver
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To facilitate the movement of product to and from our customers in order to increase customer satisfaction and meet sales goals.
- Load and unload equipment from trailer or trucks
- Transport load over required route observing all traffic laws and safety regulations
- Deliver paperwork to customer as required; retrieve signed paperwork from customer
- Observe and record state of equipment delivered and retrieved from customer
- Complete and submit documentation accurately and timely
- Maintain state and federal logs
- Maintain service of trailer and trucks daily including fluid levels (oil, water, fuel), tire pressure and visibility
- Report trailer and truck service needs and/or malfunctions
- Maintain current CDL certification
- Valid Oregon CDL and acceptable driving record
- Prior experience transporting industrial equipment
- Strong attention to detail including detailed visual inspection skills
- Manual dexterity to control tractor-trailer and its load
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. using mechanical assistance
- Patient, good judgment, work well independently, thorough
- Good customer interaction skills
This position requires driving a Company vehicle to customer sites and performing strenuous duties daily in all weather conditions. All Norlift of Oregon, Inc. employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. Résumés without an attached application will not be accepted. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
Norlift of Oregon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.