JOB OPENING for WAREHOUSE and Yard OPERATOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To move and store warehouse products, containers, forklifts, and other equipment in order to maintain accurate product inventory and meet customer orders.
- Stage and load customer warehouse product orders onto customer or company vehicles
- Complete all inventory and order documentation; maintain inventory tracking
- Load and unload shipping containers
- Unload and store incoming warehouse products
- Assist walk-in customers with order fulfillment
- Maintain safe, clean and organized warehouse and yard
- Provide back-up to Yard Coordinator or Allied Coordinator
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Prefer 6 months warehouse and/or yard equipment operation experience
- Professional customer communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements including sight, hearing, and lifting up to 75lbs
- Ability to track and document inventory and orders accurately
- Good prioritizing and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to learn inventory tracking software and internal computer communication systems (such as Outlook)
- Ability to become certified to drive forklifts and operate other motorized warehousing equipment (training provided by Norlift)
- High school diploma or GED
- Reliable, responsible, good attendance, flexible, self-motivated, team player
Additional Position Factors:
- Position is full-time, regular, non-exempt
- Clothing requirements include steel-toe shoes/boots (partial reimbursement available) and company provided uniforms
- Work is conducted in non-airconditioned or heated warehouse, out doors in all weather, and in office space.
- Frequent walking
All Norlift of Oregon employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen. This position also requires successful results from a pre-placement physical.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
Norlift of Oregon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.