JOB OPENING for Yard coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To coordinate the physical loading, unloading, and staging of equipment at the dealership and maintain an organized yard in order to meet the Company’s customer satisfaction and efficiency goals.
- Load and unload new, used, rental equipment/attachments and containers.
- Inspect incoming & outgoing equipment for damage.
- Pull, stage, and return equipment for customer delivery/pickup, demos, shop
- Assist Sales Coordinator with inventory audits
- Maintain organization and safety of the yard
- Keep batteries charged and organized
- Secure forklifts and other material handling equipment inside locked gates at the end of each work day
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively organize workload
- Demonstrated high level of attention to detail
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment (including forklifts)
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position including:
- Lifting parts and tools up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Climbing in and out of and driving forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Walking and working outside, exposed to all weather conditions for extended periods
- Experience using e-mail and data base tools on a computer
- Ability to work effectively alone and with a team
- Prefer mechanical aptitude and prior experience running a similar yard operation
- Must be 18 years of age to operate a forklift and other material handling equipment
All Norlift of Oregon employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen. This position also requires successful results from a pre-placement physical.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
Norlift of Oregon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.