JOB OPENING for Equipment PAINTER / shop assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To paint customer and company forklifts to conform to specifications in order to meet customer expectations and to provide general Shop assistance in order to increase efficiency of Shop operations.
- Schedule painting jobs to meet delivery schedules
- Paint equipment in conformance with quote specifications
- Maintain paint booth, painting equipment, and respiratory equipment in accordance with safety standards
- Use non-painting time to assist in yard maintenance, shop maintenance, make-readies and other Yard and Shop support activities
- Mechanical aptitude for painting and shop tasks
- Ability to learn by being shown how to perform tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and follow all safety procedures
- Technical aptitude to operate material handling equipment including ability to obtain and maintain forklift driver certification
- Excellent team skills including cooperation, positive communication, willingness to ask for clarification, and flexibility
- Physical capability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to make good decisions independently
- 6 months or more of equipment painting experience or training
- Some experience performing mechanical repair of equipment or vehicles
Non-Exempt, Regular, Full Time.
All Norlift of Oregon, Inc. employees must pass a pre-placement substance abuse screen. This position also requires successful results from a pre-placement physical.
Complete a Norlift application form which can be downloaded here or can be obtained by visiting the dealership at 7373 SE Milwaukie Expressway, Portland, OR 97222. Send completed applications to Employment@norliftor.com or mail to the above address. Résumés without an attached application will not be accepted. If you need accommodation to complete the application, please notify Human Resources at 503-905-3816.
Norlift of Oregon, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box: 68348
Portland, OR 97268
Norlift of Oregon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.