The holidays are a joyous time when people gather around their loved ones and share in memories that last a lifetime. While in these moments, the gifts may seem like the most enjoyable part of the season; as the years roll by, the traditions and family time will be what remains. As we jump into the holidays, we would like to share some of our most cherished family traditions.
- 'My parents living room had a very high ceiling, and every year we would go tree hunting to find the perfect tree that would just graze the fan in the room as we propped it up. My mom and I would have to decorate the top portion while it was still laying on the ground.'
- 'As a child, I always helped my mother create a gingerbread house. We did it from scratch every year. It usually ended up lopsided and off, but it was always fun!'
- 'We EAT... a lot!'
- 'We wake up around six on Christmas Day for presents; afterwards some people end up going back to bed.'
- 'The weekend before Christmas, I go to the mountains for a day of skiing with the family.'
- 'The family gets together to put up the Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving'
- 'Every year I watch White Christmas with my in-laws as we bake all sorts of holiday treats.'
- 'I let my children pick out one new ornament every year to put on the tree.'
- 'Every year it snows, I make sure to build a snowman, even if its only a few inches tall.'
- 'The family gets together for a bunch of snacking on Christmas Eve. We always do meatballs, guacamole, jalapeno poppers, and all sorts of sweet treats.'
- 'My friends and I get together to open our presents from one another the week before Christmas.'
What Holiday Traditions do you remember and/or look forward to every year?
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the Norlift Team!